1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English Civil War: Crash Course European History I Crash Course

Discussion in 'History' started by AndrewvanZyl, Aug 8, 2019.

1. AndrewvanZyl

AndrewvanZyl Occasional commenter

Published on Aug 6, 2019
    The Glorious Revolution. Or, The English Civil War. Whatever you call it, we're talking about it in this episode. We'll talk about England after Elizabeth, in which things didn't go that smoothly. We'll talk about James I, Charles I, Oliver Cromwell, Charles II, and James II, all of whom ruled England, (and tried to rule all of Britain and Ireland) with varying degrees of success.

2. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

That’s one hell of a lot of information to get into 15 minutes! I hope that nobody would use the whole thing in one go. Generally pretty good, with age-appropriate facts and information.

Although, as someone who studied the period at postgraduate level I inwardly winced at the references to Anglicanism and the OP’s statement “The Glorious Revolution. Or, The English Civil War” (it was clear in he clip they are two different things).