1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English and Maths CPD advise for non primary teacher

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ljmulls, Jul 10, 2020.

1. ljmulls

ljmulls New commenter

Hi,

Shortly I am due to begin a new role working as a teacher training facilitator for an NGO working overseas and one of the main focuses of this role is on English and Maths teaching.
    By training I am a secondary school geography teacher and although I have EFL training and will be mainly focusing on the training aspect, I'd really like to do a bit more training based around primary English and Maths (especially whilst I've got some more time on my hands!) and hoped that maybe people could recommend some useful places/resources for this.
    I've tried to look into conversion courses etc and spoken to some training institutions but haven't really found anything that is of any practical use.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

2. DFC

DFC New commenter

Have a look at the CPD resources on the NCETM website for mastery maths. That should be a good starting point.

For literacy?? Perhaps Pie Corbett resources or maybe Alan Peat.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. ljmulls

ljmulls New commenter

That’s really helpful.
    Thank you!