1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

english and drama secondary pgce at newcastle university

Discussion in 'English' started by polly1028, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Hi just wondering if anyone out there has been given a place for 2012 entry? I was successful at interview and I'm just waiting for it to be made official in January, just want to see who else is out there :)

2. Hi just wondering if anyone out there has been given a place for 2012 entry? I was successful at interview and I'm just waiting for it to be made official in January, just want to see who else is out there :)

3. Hi, I?ve been offered a place too! :) Not really sure what happen's from here though? I'm fourth in line for a place so I think that's pretty much guaranteed right? I hope so as I'm so excited! :)

4. Hi, I have an interview with Newcastle University in January. I am wondering if you could give me some trips about the interview. Mine is secondary science.

5. What kind of stimulus material do they provide for the 5 mins presentation? Thanks

6. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Can I, firstly, strongly suggest that if you've used your real name as your username you change it ASAP to maintain your anonymity.
    I went to Newcastle University for my PGCE. It was a good course, although a few lectures/seminars got cancelled owing to lecturer absence which was a bit annoying.
    I didn't have to do any presentation, but I did have to complete a piece of writing after my interviw. Presumably so they could check my spelling and grammar. It might be worth brushing up on apostrophe use....

7. Hi I'm in the same boat as you except for history. Second in line for a place so I'm just waiting too. Did you have the interview on Halloween? x

8. I was the English interviewee on Halloween, first to be offered a place. Just confirmed it. So excited to get started!