1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English and CfE..

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Dippyheid, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Hi. I have been teaching abroad for a good few years and have recently returned. I'm an English Teacher and have managed to get a job interview next week. (which from reading through these posts is a major/lucky achievement.)
    It has been a long time since I have been in a Scottish School. I'm a bit confused as to how the Curriculum for Excellence would lend itself to English Teaching in a Secondary School. I am aware of the four principles, etc.

I don't want to go blank at the interview when asked such a question.

Any help/tips greatly appreciated.

2. Just get yourself to www.ltscotland.org.uk and study up! Look at your curriculum area and responsibility for all, as well as building the curriculum and national assessment.
    That will be all the information you need, as that's all everyone else knows too!
    With regards to interview questions, you will definitely get at least one question broadly related to curriculum for excellence. Go armed with a few practiced answers, such as a lesson that incorporated curriculum for excellence well, or how you might develop the four capacities through your lessons.
    Best of luck.

3. Hey. Great advice. Than you very much. :)

4. The four capacities are less important than the Experiences and Outcomes - that's what you actually teach.

5. Hi
    Aifl underpins CfE and so you will need to look at this as well.
    Good Luck.