1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English A-level

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by hhhh, Nov 4, 2018.

1. hhhh

hhhh Star commenter

Asking for a friend of a friend...
    Are any English A-level courses now completely online? Are any ONLY completed online, as in with no handwritten exam? I told the person who asked that I couldn't see that being the case, but she was adamant.
    So please could any current teachers let me know if it's true, and what you think about it if so? I did a quick google which suggested none (Lang/Lit or combined) are, but I'd appreciate it if any current teachers/examiners could confirm this please?
    Thanks

2. Sanz1981

Sanz1981 Occasional commenter

never heard of such...

hhhh likes this.
  3. hhhh

hhhh Star commenter

Thanks. I can't believe it either. How could it work?

4. Sanz1981

Sanz1981 Occasional commenter

Maybe in 50 years when the art of writing has vanished, then...

5. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

You can study online and they use a Skype tutor to provide more tutition. But the assessment is the same as always. Handwritten examination.

6. atwoodfan

atwoodfan New commenter

It is unusual but we have had rare instances (I think) where a (statemented) student was able to write with an exam Cromebook (obviously disconnected / with no resources / no spell check etc.). This was a few years ago now.