1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

England 3/10 NZ 5/2

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Jul 13, 2019.

1. rideemcowboy

rideemcowboy Occasional commenter

NZ due to the odds

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Just one review. But you retain it if, after an lbw shout, it turns out to be umpire's call. Even if you lose the wicket.

3. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

If your review turns out to be wrong you lose it and that is your lot. If your review turns out to be correct or is "umpires call" you keep the review.

4. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

If I had him on ignore, I wouldn't have seen this thread.

5. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

I don’t use ignore so I can’t say for sure but I thought I remembered posters mentioning that if something was quoted by another poster it would appear regardless. And as I vaguely remember you commenting on the inappropriateness of some of the DoY’s comments (maybe that was when he posted as modelmaker, though?), I thought you might have put him on ignore. But if you’re saying that when an ignored poster starts a thread the whole thread will be ignored - even posts by other posters - I wasn’t aware of that.

coffeekid likes this.
  6. grumpydogwoman

I have dozens I ignore and you simply don't see any threads they have initiated. Nor do you see their quotes.

7. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

That was certainly what I preferred when test matches were on the BBC. I've been watching this match on Channel 4 whilst listening to the wireless commentary. The TV lags the commentay by about 20 seconds, so it's a bit weird.

I can't say I'm impressed by the TV presentation. I know that Sky introduced more camera angles and other innovations, which helps enormously when watching the clips on the web, but there's too much going on visually on the TV to make it an enjoyable experience. The presentation is continually being interupted with irrelevant clips from other matches, analysis and other crapp. Why can't they just show the match as it's being played?

Oscillatingass likes this.
  8. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Yikes! Roy was lucky there, first ball of the innings! Looked plumb to me!

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

England being cautious, could they choke?

10. MAGAorMIGA

It's reminding me far too much of 1987. Then England needed 254 and lost by 7 runs. It's rather fewer here and the conditions at Lord's can hardly be compared to Kolkata.
    Oh no! Bairstow's out! Nerves jangling now!

11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

All over - bottled it.

12. MAGAorMIGA

Loathsome Lord's is striking again. Hold all Finals at Edgbaston from now on.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  13. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

14. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Morgan gone!

15. grumpydogwoman

Even the atmosphere is sheet. Give me Edgbaston any day.

:(

16. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Plenty of atmosphere here (in the Tavern stand at Lord's): surrounded by loud NZ fans and excitable Indians!!

17. MAGAorMIGA

12 overs left, 86 needed. I'm halfway through the umbrella handle.

18. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Don't forget the rain-proofs, umbrella and marking.

19. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Oh cripes - this is almost unbearable to watch.

20. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Buttler gone!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek: