1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Endoscope

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by vikingmaid, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Having has test on heart last week..all ok. Now have been made an appointment for an endoscope. I really think things are settling down, both tummy and stress! Have you had one with or without sedation?

2. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

Have sedation! I tried without as I was told it was nothing and they got grumpy when I panicked and had to use the spray as it was too late for sedation.

3. snowstorm

snowstorm New commenter

I agree! Have sedation! I was sedated as soon I gagged on the tube! You won't feel a thing then.

4. SEDATION!!!!!
    TAKE THE SEDATION!
    I've had three and the first two I was dumb enough to think I'd be OK without. Even if you swallow the tube easily, as I did, every tiny movement makes it slide against the back of your throat and I gagged continuously. If you're not actually all that bothered about the gagging, then it's ten minutes of relative inelegant discomfort, then you just walk away. The third one though was an ultrasound one and they needed me to keep still so i didn;t have a choice about the sedation.
    It was much better!