1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

endless junk mail from Virgin

Discussion in 'Personal' started by inky, Nov 16, 2015.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

I'm going to start sending it back unopened as a prelude to blocking it altogether.

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Are you a customer?

3. teachingking123

teachingking123 Established commenter

Good plan.
    An interesting point.

4. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

If junk mail has a prepaid envelope I usually write across their letter "do not send me any more of this %^&* ****" and send it in their envelope. If I can be bothered to post it.

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

No, I'm not a customer. There are three flats in our house and all three of us are suffering this bombardment.

6. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

We get it. I think a previous owner may have had Virgin. Not sure. They'll junkmail anyone, won't they?

Yes, I'm using it as a verb.

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

The sheer volume of mail is unbelievable - all variants on the same theme. If I were a shareholder I'd be asking questions about rainforests!

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

Junkmail works as a verb. Maybe it'll acquire a metaphorical dimension.

9. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

If you get prepaid envelopes, make a huge wad of ALL your junk mail and send it all to them with the prepaid taped to the package.

10. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

Have never had Virgin. It's not even available in this area but that doesn't mean I don't get the junk mail - unfortunately.

11. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

Junk mail from Virgin is just a fact of life. Two or three bits drop on the doormat every week.

12. inky

inky Lead commenter

Great idea, Vladimir. I'll start collecting today.

13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Seems good to me.

14. inky

inky Lead commenter

I'm rubbing my hands with glee as I think of how much junk this house will accumulate...

Ta very much