1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Enders Muslim wedding

Discussion in 'Personal' started by eggnchips, Jun 22, 2011.

1. I watched about 10 minutes of this last night. It didn't appear at all realistic with female wedding guests following some sort of procession all bare headed bellies showing.

2. It wasn't meant to be. They (the girl) wanted a 'modern day' twist on events. Plus it is Eastenders after all!!

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I was actually thinking that it would be lovely if the reality of multi ethnic Britain was the same as portrayed last night.

4. ed08a3h

ed08a3h New commenter

It was completely unrealistic, especially for a muslim wedding. Ive never ever been to a muslim wedding where the girls are bare bellied, been to plenty with music, no headscarfs, and mendhi dances as shown, however mendhis are very rarely done together - its usually males and females separately and then on the wedding day everyone is together.
    Also never been to a muslim wedding where its acceptable to drink socially! The way zainab was dressed i.e. sleevless arms and a "just below the knee" length dress was also bizarre. I dont have anything against the way people choose to dress etc but if theyre trying to portray a "muslim" wedding they should do their research and it should at least attempt to reflect reality. I think they have mixed it up with an indian wedding.

5. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Errm? Eastenders..... realistic? Do the two words belong in the same sentence?

6. I know Wetherfield is real and Enders is made up but how can they just get a few brown people together and pretend they are Muslim?
    Isn't that drumming thing Sikh?