1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

End of year reports - When does your school send them home?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by primarysteve, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Just short answers please. Thanks in advance.

2. At the end of year! Thought I'd get that in before someone else does! A little more specific please i.e. days or weeks before the end of term, by post, at parents evening..... Thanks again.

3. We send them out 2-3 weeks before the end of term, along with the name of the child's new class teacher for the following September. We don't do a parents' evening in terms 5 or 6 as we'd end up saying the same as the report (or something different, which is probably more worrying!). Years ago we used to give them out on the last day of term but apparently the parents have to have the chance to come in and discuss the report so we had to move it...if I remember it correctly, the head then gave them out on the day before the last day!

4. Earl Davids wife

Earl Davids wife New commenter

Same here - 2 to 3 weeks but we do have a parents' evening after they've gone out. It is however made 'clear' that it's a time to say goodbye to the 'old' teacher and to meet their child's new teacher. Mainly to meet the new teacher!