1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

End of year reports during COVID-19 closure

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by justbrowsin, Apr 26, 2020.

1. justbrowsin

justbrowsin New commenter

At this time of year I'd usually be circulating the end of year report templates to teachers. the children have barely been in school since we did the mid year reports at February half term.
    I'm just wondering what others schools are doing this year and advice the LAs have provided please?
    Thank you.

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Thankfully we only do one report per year so we will be completing those based on information/assessments up to Easter. Personally I wouldn’t have staff writing reports on 6 weeks additional information, it’s a waste of their time. Could you not just send out a data sheet summary or similar?

3. install

install Star commenter

I wouldn’t be concerned about generating reports now. It would cause confusion. Far better to wait until the students are back in for that and then look again at timelines.

I’d be more concerned about about health and Home Learning. However, should it get to early July I would send out a summary document detailing Sept - March grades . With it some other info about how proud you are of everyone in such exceptional times.