1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

End of year presents for Year 6 class, any ideas?????

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Jul 11, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

What are other people buying for their classes?

The Book People (my usual fail-safe) don't seem to have any super cheap sets that I can split this year, or not for year 6.

Pens and pencils seem a bit naff.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

What are other people buying for their classes?

The Book People (my usual fail-safe) don't seem to have any super cheap sets that I can split this year, or not for year 6.

Pens and pencils seem a bit naff.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

3. We have got mini mugs from yellow moon for the children to decorate with ceramic pens, for 48 children it has come out at £9 each (mind you there are 6 of us to split it)

4. I take a whole class photo print them A5 size then turn them into a 'card' --basically stick the card on a folded piece of A4 card, yes that tricky! Then write them a message inside. That with a pick from the mini mars bar bag is it.
    I disagree with spending money on presents and have done this for the 5 years I have been in Yer 6 and had no complaints.

5. I do the folded card picture and message, then instead of the mars bar (healthy schools!) I put in a cd with all the pictures/harvest song/christmas production/videos. This goes down really well and doesnt take too long!

6. Means a bit of work but....
    I asked children to think about what they had enjoyed most about the school, about their final year, friends they had made etc.
    Their responses were all recorded onto an audio CD. Some children chose to read out a piece of work that they were proud of, some just discussed a memorable trip etc., some talked about secondary and what they hoped it would be like.
    The CD's were copied, one for each student, with a front cover that I designed. 'Memories of ....'
    It is a lovely keepsake, for them and for you! CD's cost only a few pence each and you can use Audacity to make the CD (free program). It also gives you a project to do over the last few days of term that doesn't involve a DVD!

7. I usually look on ebay for 'party toys' to get something cheap and fun. Last year they all got a bouncy ball, but I've also done unusual pens and pencils, puzzles etc.

They also all get an ice lolly (10p each from iceland!)

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Wow, some really creative ideas on here. Thank you.

We are doing a class/year group photo to put on an A4 piece of paper which they will then decorate as a memory mat. We laminate them afterwards and give them back to the children. Not sure they would appreciate a card with the same picture.

Bouncy ball type things will be good though...card and mini mars was xmas pressie!

9. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

ive bought some really cheap plain white mugs from asda, 4 for £1.25, written the childrens names on them using ceramic paints, and 5 words describing each individual person. Has worked out cheaper than chocolate but with a more personal touch!!!

10. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We could buy the mugs and they could write their own... keep them occupied for an afternoon next week! Hmmm this idea might work...

11. I order the kids a Mr Men/ Little Miss book each, once that matches their personality then write a message on the inside like, 'to our very own Mr Noisy, loads of luck in your BIG school...' The Year 6's really like it.

12. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Oooooooo....might be a good idea.

Off to look at The Book People again.....

13. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Hmmm am a bit worried that offence might be taken by those who get 'Mr Greedy' or 'Mr Lazy'.

Need to rethink!

14. I love this idea of the plain cups which can then be decorated. Consider it stolen! Thank you. Enjoy the holidays! :)

15. For the last two years I've given my Y6 class autograph books, personalised for our school, from this website www.school-products.co.uk/personalised-autograph-book-sab7 They're really nice and my LSA and I have a little message printed on the back. We give them out two days before end of term so they have a bit of time to collect each other's signatures and write down contact details. My LSA and I split the cost, it's not much. They also get the yearbooks we have put together as a class, we just photocopy those and laminate the covers and don't charge for them.

16. Alena

Alena New commenter

I have bought my children all a memory stick (my TA also contributed). This means they can take copies of any of their photos from our photo drive on the school server and they have a memory stick for secondary school.

Alena