1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

End of year assessment

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by ff32, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Hi everyone
    Head of Faculty just ordered us to do an end of year assessment at ks3 in all four skills, differentiated according to expo papers into at least 5 levels for each skill. Covering what we taught all year, bearing in mind some of us has done things sometimes diiferent according to the abilty of the class. My worry is spending 2 weeks worth of teaching on assessments and my y9 will resent it. Please let me know all of you what you think. Many thanks. We do end of module assessment any way, plus Afl...
    Many thanks
    Laila

2. musiclover1

musiclover1 New commenter

What are your options? And what's the deadline?
    You want to keep it as short and simple as possible, don't you. I think you can afford to concentrate on what you've covered recently, because the rest of the year feeds into that anyway in terms of grammatical knowledge and range of vocabulary. So you don't have to start revising everything that's been covered all year.

3. musiclover1

musiclover1 New commenter

What I'm trying to say, I think, is, just do a slightly augmented end of module test.

4. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

Before anything else, I think your HoF needs bringing down and peg or two.

5. But it is not the end of the year, not yet... Some of us still have the best part of 4 months of teaching to do.
    However, it is similar in my place - what used to be an end-of-year assessment is now a just-after-Easter assessment.....but the kids are still expected to be on the levels they used to reach by July.....