1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

end of year , assessment in years 3-5 independent.

Discussion in 'Independent' started by Cinderella12, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Please help. What end of year test/exams/assessment does your school do in years three to five age ranges, please . If u feel confident please name your school. If not just advice would help me greatly . Many thanks in advance

2. At the moment, we are using the Abacus end of Summer term assessments which give a rough level as well as a comparison over the whole year group. However, as a department, we are not altogether happy with the Abacus scheme but will continue to use it because a lot of money was spent on it, (by my predecessor).

3. Wilden

Wilden New commenter

NFER Progress in English and Progress in Maths at end of year plus various assessments of Reading Age, Spelling Age and Verbal/Non-verbal reasoning at different points in the year. PiE and PiM are useful as they enable year on year progress to be measured and tracked as well as comparisons within each year group.

4. Same as above plus CATs (cognitive ability tests) from year 4 onwards.

5. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

As Head of Maths, I use the Galore Park assessments that they brought out last year, for Yr 4 upwards, that way they are slowly introduced to the style of 11+ and 13+ papers.

6. Thanks for all the responses , does any independent prep do science assessment if so which and in which years? Thanks again.

7. star9

star9 New commenter

I know some do Rising Stars although the results are not very reliable. Needs must though when nothing much else is available.

8. Can you tell me if you report results to parents at the end of key stage one or just use these as internal assessments to be forwarded to the next teacher