1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

End of year 6 performance

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mrssmsz, Jan 11, 2018.

1. mrssmsz

mrssmsz New commenter

I'm looking for inspiration for our end of year 6 leaver's performance (not that I am wishing this year away or anything). I've done the cheesy stuff in the past, bought in productions etc but I'm considering doing something a little more edgy and different. Has anyone ever considered doing an 'Educating Manchester' style performance? Is this even doable? A film crew visiting school? Seeing the school warts and all with comedy bits?? Potentially including parents- or kids dressed up such? Too far? Any suggestions, examples or ideas would be welcomed. Thanks

2. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

We have bought in plays before, but the children (and parents) always prefer when we make our own.

We themed our show around Gogglebox last year and had different families watching shows on TV (which were just an opportunity for children to have different scenes). We combined live scenes with videos we had made. The children loved it.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Speak to your head in advance if you want to do this. Also be prepared to have to say "No" to pupils an awful lot.
    Heads are not generally keen for the school's weaknesses to aired to parents.

Edgy is fine, but why?
    There is plenty to stress about in teaching, without creating your own worries and anxieties.

alexanderosman and asnac like this.
  4. asnac

asnac Established commenter

It'll be the end of the school year. You'll be tired and you don't need anything difficult or controversial. Keep it simple.