1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

end of the olympiics

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oldsomeman, Sep 9, 2012.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I realise i will upset folks but its no more than a coldplay concert...and nota good one at that!
    I dont like them

2. oldsomeman

I realise i will upset folks but its no more than a coldplay concert...and nota good one at that!
    I dont like them

3. gargs

gargs Star commenter

I do like them but I think they've played some inapropriately dreary songs for what is supposed to be a celebration.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

A Coldplay concert with Rhiannna and dancers and an orchestra and fire and weird vehicles and other stuff. Get your facts right

5. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

The Olympics ended a couple of weeks ago

6. oldsomeman

some folks enjoy being perdantic lol

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

And a flag, and Boris and the Brazilian national anthem !!!!!!

8. Benbamboo

Benbamboo Occasional commenter

I'm not a fan either, but they have done ok this evening, recovering from a slow start with their horrendously dour songs to some more upbeat tracks.
    I'm more disappointed that C4 cut to adverts instead of showing the clip explaining the Whang Youn Dai award. More on a personal note as my brother in law produced the short film and it would have been great for him, but on a sporting note it was more important to the actual paralympics than Coldplay's songs. If they were going to cut to adverts, we could have missed one of their ten (ish) songs.

9. pagoda

pagoda New commenter

It's been a brilliant games....let us not pour scorn on the entertainment. Many performers/participants in the closing event have disabilities and it is their 'Moment To Shine' with Cold Play and Rhianna as the supporting acts shall we say?

10. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

No I'm with you, oldsomeman. Distinctly underwhelmed. Something more lavish definitely needed.

11. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

I'm thinking it's all a bit trippy, but that's just me.

12. oldsomeman

sorry i am not deriding the performers...just colplay.
    so far the brazilians have beaten the lot in the few minutes they have hd!

13. I think it's been brilliant.

14. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

Me too

15. Just enjoying Jay-z and Rihanna - and I'm an old fart at 45! A real spectacle but rather a lot of symbolism in the main ceremony. However, highly original and I really liked the Steampunk theme - loved the wacky vehicles.

16. At long last the whole f ucking sporting extravaganza is over. Not before time. Good riddance. Back to reality.

17. oldsomeman

the vehicles remind me of the madmax films. i loved the black birds with white faces. would make wonderul start of immaginative writing.

18. I am really going to miss the wall to wall sport on TV that I have enjoyed this summer even though I have spent far too much time watching it since we went back to school! But it was a once in a life time event, never to be repeated and such a wonderful atmosphere, I just wish I had been able to go and watch some of the events.
    I wonder how Rio will cope in four years, they have got a lot to do to equal London - despite all the doubters and some teething problems, they did very well and even the weather played ball most of the time.
    I can now spend some time watching all the programme I have recorded while I was glued to the Olympics and Paralympics, that will take me to the end of term!!
    HIP HIP HOORAY FOR LONDON 2012!!!!

19. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

I thought it was brilliant. I like Coldplay but I'd like to have seen some other performers. I didn't like the last couple of songs with JayZ(?) and turned the sound off for them.
    I think Seb and his crew did an amazing job and we should be really proud of these fantastic events. I've never been drawn to watch paralympics before but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will really miss this and am sad to think that I'll never have the opportunity to attend Olympic or Paralympic events again.
    ditto Shy Anne

20. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I'm not a Coldplay fan but i thought they got it right last night. It must have been amazing for them with everything else going on while they performed. I loved it. The lights were absolutely fantastic and I loved the aerial stuff - such creativity. There was a huge atmosphere of celebration I thought.