1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

End of term

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Busy07bee, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Quick question, as a head do you buy end of term gifts for all your staff, just a card or nothing?

2. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

When I first became a Headteacher I wrote individual thank you letters to all staff (small school), now I give cards if I remember/have the time!

3. Ruthiesword

Ruthiesword New commenter

I usually buy for office staff, caretaker and peri-music staff, and I always have some spare gifts around for anyone else I've missed. I also get a bottle of something for SLT members. I am doing each member of staff, teachers, TAs, dinner ladies etc a thank you card and message because of the huge effort we have been through to turn the school around. Each person has got a little line thanking them for exactly what they do - time consuming but worth it.

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I used to write each a letter thanking them for their contributions during the year (citing a few instances) and adding 'copy to file' so they knew it had been recorded. As above, small school.

5. Ruthiesword

Ruthiesword New commenter

One form entry school so 30+ cards, takes a good evening with a bottle of wine!

6. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

I follow my predecessor and do a card and a small gift. That said there's only 12, including of time support staff. Next school, I think I'll just go for a card with a personal note.

7. moodhoover

moodhoover New commenter

Blimey, I've worked in 4 schools with no gesture of any kind for any of the staff! What a difference that must make to morale! Great to see that you all show your appreciation in some way.