1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

End of term

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Karvol, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Is anybody else finishing this week for the Easter hols?

2. Karvol

Is anybody else finishing this week for the Easter hols?

3. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

As 'British Easter' Good Friday is April 22nd this year, you must either have a super long holiday, live somewhere that has an alternate Easter, or you're wishful thinking?
    We're having a week's holiday next week, but not to do with Easter so far as I'm aware.
    [​IMG]

4. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

or even an alternative Easter. [​IMG] When are the various Coptic Easter type things this year?

5. Karvol

Nah, I don't do wishful thinking when it comes to the important things in life, like holidays.
    We break up on Saturday for about 3 weeks, come back to school, and then have an extended weekend for Easter.

6. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

It may well be linked to the USA 'Spring Break', although I'm sure it was only a week long when I was in Iowa. Whatever it is, enjoy the break.

7. That's even a bit early for a US Spring break. Sounds like a pre-holiday holiday; always useful if one really wants to relax!!