1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

End of term party ideas?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tmtm, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Be grateful for any suggestions!

2. Be grateful for any suggestions!

3. In my first few years I used to spend money (my own) on party food and drinks and although they enjoyed it, it caused a mess, took time to set up and cost me money! I then had children bring their own but this resulted in 'tricky' food being brought in e.g. a fairly small, homemade cake which 'must be shared equally between x and all of his classmates'.
    My advice would be:
    steer clear of food as they've only just had lunch anyway
    have traditional party games with small prizes such as musical bumps, musical statues etc (remind children to bring in music)
    pass the parcel - all classes I have taught have loved it, especially when the forfeits involve doing impressions of teachers!

4. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

At 3.30 on the last day, you all head off to the nearest Sainsbury's or Tesco and fill your cars with booze and sausages. Then you go home to your own lovely house with your own lovely family and friends, have a huge barbecue and drink until you are giggling helplessly. Then you camp in the garden and wake up when you can see things in single vision again.