1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

End of term gifts for children

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jellytot24, Jul 4, 2008.

1. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

I'm hoping that someone on here will have a good idea, I certainly don't have a clue what to buy!

I want to get a nice present for each of my Year 4s, they've been lovely all (most) of the year and I'll be sad to see them go. In addition I'm leaving my current school this year so would like to get them something a little different. Does anyone know what I could buy them or where would be a good place to look?
    Any suggestions are much appreciated!

2. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

I'm hoping that someone on here will have a good idea, I certainly don't have a clue what to buy!

I want to get a nice present for each of my Year 4s, they've been lovely all (most) of the year and I'll be sad to see them go. In addition I'm leaving my current school this year so would like to get them something a little different. Does anyone know what I could buy them or where would be a good place to look?
    Any suggestions are much appreciated!

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Something to get them out and about in the fresh air over the holiday?

A cheap kite or a ball....?

4. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

That's a thought, maybe a frisbee or something? I don't know, I've been googling for hours and I'm getting fuzzy eyes!

5. thank goodness such ridiculous stupity is not even considered at my school

6. lilachardy

Lucky dips... or a game where as each person wins they get to come and choose?

Skipping rope
    frisbee
    plastic football
    kite

and so on?

Look on ebay at job lots!

7. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Have you got a set budget per child?

I got lots of pink angel stuff from tesco for the girls (It was on sale) and again, party bag stuff from tesco for the boys (wee frisbees 4 per pack)

A pen and a sweetie each too.

8. lilachardy

9. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

Thanks Lila, my brain in slightly fried, I think I need to turn the laptop off for now!

Donaldsmith, thank you for your equally helpful post.

10. I make mine a book mark with a personalised message, laminate and then add some twisted wool. Even the lads like it as long as the message is really relevant to them as individuals.

Bob's yer uncle.

11. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

Ooh I like the bookmark idea, thanks Scotia. They're really into their reading as well, and I've got recent photos of them that we used in ICT. I think we may be onto a winner there, thank you!

12. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Scotia, what a lovely idea!

What sort of messages do you put on them?

13. milkandchalk

Really depends on the pupil, age and stage.

The bookmark MUST have their name on it and a very short message. Sometimes I highlight something they said or did during the year which impressed me. Sometimes I highlight a quality in them which I admire. Just depends.

Those who need encouragement get it. Those who like a bit of banter get it. Those who look for affirmation get it. Those who don't mind their team being slagged off - get it.

eg 'You're a grand lad but you have rubbish taste in football.'

Wherever they go, whatever they choose to do I hope they continue to read, hence the bookmark.

14. Bubble pens from Tesco. It's a pen and it blows bubbles! 4 for a pound!

15. i made my form class friendship bracelets (you know the ones made form embroidary thread). cheap and they all liked them, even the boys. lots of the girls wanted to know how to make them for their friends too.