1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

End of my NQT year

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by egoulborn, Nov 15, 2019.

1. egoulborn

egoulborn New commenter

Hi
    I am currently finishing my NQT year, my estimated end date was the 14/11/19. My induction tutor has not written my Final report and says that I need to have one more observation but I have had all six observations Over the last two years as I work part time. How long can I still be in my NQT year when I have completed all the days required.

Please help!

2. surfblue33

surfblue33 New commenter

I have no idea. One thing comes to mind however. Have you got proof/copies of your 6 formal observations and were they clearly marked as formal obs for each “milestone” I.e. half term?
    Good luck

agathamorse likes this.
  3. loranp

loranp New commenter

I may be wrong, but I wasn't able to find anywhere that specifies that you need a certain number of observations to be completed.

Your mentor should have provided you with written feedback after each 'official' observation - you should be able to prove that you have had 6 observations. Are you in Primary or Secondary? When I did Induction in Secondary, there was someone 'above' my mentor who had responsibility for overseeing NQTs and student teachers. It might be a good idea to find out if that is also the case at your school and have a chat with them.