1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

End of my first half term (for those who read 'oh my goodness' a few weeks ago)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by missh27, Apr 8, 2011.

1. For those who haven't read my previous threa, I am an NQT who started on a maternity cover after feb half term in a difficult class. Had a horrendous first day, but things slowly but surely got better.
    For half the term I have had no TA support as she has been off on sick, it was only today that I have got someone else full time and I will have from now on, and she is lovely :)
    My pupils are much better behaved for me,still have the select few who misbehave, but I am dealing with them appropriately.
    The school are currently discussing staffing cuts, and there is a possibility I may loose my job,
    but the headteacher said today that she admires my determination that i have had withthe class and I am doing a very good job and she would like to take me through my NQT year. As she is headteacher in several schools, she has said there may be an opening in her other school for me, although she cannot confirm anything yet.
    OVerall good term,gutting my classroom over easter, ripped down 5 displays after school :)
    MIss H

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Excellent! You sound like you are doing very well indeed and impressing everyone.

Great idea to sort out the classroom and make it your own. Will definitely put you 'in charge' in the children's eyes as well as give the message that you are staying.

You have done brilliantly! Enjoy your rest.

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

[​IMG] Very well done Miss H - have been wondering whether you finished for Easter today. I'm so pleased the TA situation has been sorted and that you are happy with the new person.
    You should feel very proud that you have ended at such a positive point with the class - we all remember the pain of that first day!
    Have a good Easter break. Let's hope the job situation resolves in your favour - you deserve it!
    Keep in touch [​IMG]

4. Thanks to you for all your support over the past few weeks, after that first day, this forum helped me to be ready for my second day