1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

End of Key Stage Ass, Panic!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Penguin1212, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Hello!
    Well sat here on Sunday completing my APP and looking at target groups for next few weeks! And I am starting to FREAK! - My L4 target this year is HUGE, much higher than usual for our school, mainly due to their performance in Year 2 (which I am not disputing but children change and the progress they make in Y3-5) so when I made my predictions, head changed them as - lots of them need to be 5s some of which I know just don't have it. Last year I missed the L4 target by a couple of % which can be explained (EAL pupil joining late, disruptive behaviour of a few kids resulting in exclusions and lost lessons) - although L5 did go up.
    I am so worried we not going to reach it again and its going to reflect poorly on me and my teaching ability. Guess I am just feeling a bit arrrggggghhhh! Hubby not too sympathetic him not being a teacher...........just needed to vent to understanding people!
    Anyone in similar position?

2. Hello!
    Well sat here on Sunday completing my APP and looking at target groups for next few weeks! And I am starting to FREAK! - My L4 target this year is HUGE, much higher than usual for our school, mainly due to their performance in Year 2 (which I am not disputing but children change and the progress they make in Y3-5) so when I made my predictions, head changed them as - lots of them need to be 5s some of which I know just don't have it. Last year I missed the L4 target by a couple of % which can be explained (EAL pupil joining late, disruptive behaviour of a few kids resulting in exclusions and lost lessons) - although L5 did go up.
    I am so worried we not going to reach it again and its going to reflect poorly on me and my teaching ability. Guess I am just feeling a bit arrrggggghhhh! Hubby not too sympathetic him not being a teacher...........just needed to vent to understanding people!
    Anyone in similar position?

3. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Chill - just do your best!
    I have forgotten to bring home the level descriptors for my APP pupil/planning grids for multiplication & division. Hells bells! How on earth am I going to teach and the pupils going to learn anything this week???