1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

End of half term

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sparklesocks, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Wow wee- is it just me or has half term just flown by?

I've done a stupid amount of work (been in school everyday!) but am looking forward to a relaxing day off tomorrow! I am looking forward to heading in on Monday and have some super units planned for my year sixes! Here's to a slightly more organised term than last!

2. Wow wee- is it just me or has half term just flown by?

I've done a stupid amount of work (been in school everyday!) but am looking forward to a relaxing day off tomorrow! I am looking forward to heading in on Monday and have some super units planned for my year sixes! Here's to a slightly more organised term than last!

3. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

WHY ON EARTH would you have 'been in school every day'?? Doing WHAT?

It's a holiday, to get AWAY from school?
    I have slept till at least 11 am most days. Have read about 4 books, which were all good and worth my time. (Will reveal on Book Club thread)
    Have drunk WAY too much! Spent time with the dog, pottered in the garden. done all that haircut/smear test/eye test/car insurance nonsense that creeps up on you at this time of year.

Haven't thought about school at all....

4. I can't believe the half term is over already :-( It's gone far too fast! I am somewhere between the two of you...had about a day of work to do (levelling, parent's evening notes, updating targets etc) but have really relaxed the rest of the time (spa day, lunch out every day, reading, films, lay ins and snoozes). I'm not ready to go back just yet!

5. greta444

greta444 New commenter

I've done a bit at home, a few hours worth but I definately keep away from school in the holidays. What on earth have you found to do every day. Are you moving classrooms?

6. I really should have had a hair cut, smear test, dentist appointment and got car tax though Lardy Legs...well done you!

7. I took my core subject books home to mark and track targets, but only managed to do English and Science (sort of)...think I know what PPA will be spent on this week...
    I put an odd hour here and there aside to do that and spent the rest of the time having great days out with the kids.
    I am a lot poorer for it, but we've had a great time.

8. Oh dear! If you don't use this precious time off to rest and recharge, you'll burn out. Are you an NQT?

9. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

Going in in the holidays?! I'm with those who've done NOTHING related to school- work hard in term time but play hard in the holidays- otherwise you will come unstuck. Sparklesocks-for Easter, I would plan what you are going to do and have some nice things to look forward to and don't feel guilty for doing them.

10. I've done very little work this holiday, probably about 3hours worth in total. The rest of the time was spent seeing friends and family, seeing Usher live in Sheffield (and then staying in bed until 12pm the next day as I was so tired) going out for lunch, gardening and reading. This holiday always goes really quickly for me, as I always plan to have catch ups with the people I only see in the holidays, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Going in to school? No chance!

11. Totally agree. Even brought marking home which stayed in the bags. Did think about school but only spent one day planning. The rest was my own time.

12. School? In the holidays?! No thank you very much.
    I have seen friends, family, done lots of shopping, spring cleaned my house, watched lots of films, had my hair cut and lots of pampering.
    School hasn't even crossed my mind.

13. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

School's only crossed my mind because it's report time, and I spent about a day doing them on Monday. Usual copying and pasting affair though. Nearly finished, have about half an hour's work to do adding targets, which I'll just make up one for each ability group and cut n paste again.
    Spent about 10 minutes planning next term's work. Just vaguely adapted last year's. More copying and pasting then.

Other than that, have read, decorated, prepared for imminent baby arrival, eaten, drank, watched films and walked lots.
    Still feel I could do with another few days, mind.

14. Yes, another few days would be marvellous!

15. ah - the copied and pasted report - my son's year 5 report said how much he had enjoyed taking part in the y5 production, which, due to other commitments, he hadn't been in at all [​IMG]
    oh yes - but i have a nasty feeling i would feel like that if i took a year's sabbatical