1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

end of course assessment

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by mckenzieimages, Jun 30, 2014.

1. hi,

i'm a newly qualified teacher and i work with adults.

I'm coming to the end of the courses I teach, these are portfolio based assessments. The institute I work for with only four weeks of 30 to go gave me their first IV, that should of been done in the new year at the latest, then discovering they had made a mistake with the accreditation of units, meaning I have been delivering the wrong units for the accreditation,

I have now been asked to have all folders in before the course end (7th july) marked and ready for the IV (on the 7th july), yet they insist on giving the learners an extra two weeks to complete the folders due to the mix up, till the 23rd july.

am i right in refusing to mark the folders till they are complete and handed in after the extra two weeks, or should the learners not be given the extra two weeks?

any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated

thank you