1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

End of a relationship

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sfire, Sep 28, 2020.

1. sfire

sfire New commenter

My partner went out last night at 10pm saying he was going to visit a friend in hospital. When I finished watching a programme I realised that could not be true due to it being so late for hospital visiting hours. So I called him. On the phone he became extremely defensive and agitated. Anyway to cut a long story short he told me where he was, entirely innocent but he came home angry. He said by calling him (which I have never done before like this by the way), I had embarrassed him in front of his friend. He said I should trust him despite his lie and I should know that there was something important for him if he lied to me like this. He is adamant that I should just accept what he says as he would never do something wrong.
    I was being made to feel as though this is my fault, and I don’t understand why. In the morning turned on the charm and was overly nice. But I cannot take this kind of mental stress anymore.
    How do I walk away from someone I have children with and a house.

2. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Hi. Do you post on Mumsnet?

3. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

So how was the friend in hospital. Ok I hope.

4. sfire

sfire New commenter

There was no friend in hospital.
    Sorry I should not post on here.

5. sfire

sfire New commenter

Will find a counsellor in the morning. Tried taking the thread down but can’t find a way to do it

6. Aquamarina1234

10 posts (all curriculum/job app based) since 2013 and you chose here to discuss a very personal problem?

7. sfire

sfire New commenter

I read on this site every day. I don’t normally have much to say. So yeh posting on a personal thread here was very stupid. I forgot how cruel some folk on tes can be.

So it seems I will have to unsubscribe due to the potentially humiliating posts now coming my way.

8. Aquamarina1234

Gosh. Exactly the reaction I expected. I must be some kind of clairvoyant.

9. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

I’ve misunderstood then. I thought the upset was because your partner felt embarrassed in front of his friend in hospital.

monicabilongame and needabreak like this.
  10. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Very few people on here are cruel but many have been stung into giving generously of their time and sympathy only to find that it's been directed towards an attention-seeking troll, Having lurked on here for seven years, you will understand what I'm talking about.

11. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Having been a member on here for fourteen years, you will haveseen many instances of posters having their time and sympathy wasted on trolls.

ilovesooty likes this.
  12. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

You can email one of the moderators and they will remove the thread for you. @TES_Community

13. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

I wouldn't trust a partner who goes out at 10pm and lies about it.

emerald52 likes this.
  14. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Dear OP

You really should have posted on the Tes Problem Page. That's where you'll find expert advice and sympathy.
    Ignore this lot.

Regards

Aunty Dunty

15. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Oh. Has he done this sort of thing before?
    What was the innocent place he went to that wasn't a hospital?

nizebaby likes this.
  16. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Well at least he wasn't going to the pub!

Jamvic, nizebaby, nomad and 4 others like this.
  17. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

He went out after 10pm? Don't faff about with worrying over your relationship. Just shop him to the police.

monicabilongame and blazer like this.
  18. gainly

gainly Star commenter

It's not illegal to go out after 10 pm. There isn't a curfew, it's just that pubs have to close at 10 pm.

mothorchid likes this.
  19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

My father used to go out to 'see a man about a dog' and it was much later that I discovered that this was code for going to his Masonic Lodge. Some lodges sit at full moon, might your partner belong to one?

nomad and BelleDuJour like this.
  20. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Hmmmmm.……………..I'm with Aquamarina