1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Encouraging more resource reviews

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by charliep86, Jul 3, 2017.

1. charliep86

charliep86 New commenter

Hello Tes Authors!

Just a quick note to tell you about a recent development to help encourage more people to leave ratings and reviews of your resources:

We spent some time reviewing the steps and process that people have to go through to leave ratings and reviews on resources, and found that there were a number of things that made it more difficult - so, to help improve the user experience and make it easier for people, we built a page that allows you to do this for any resource you have downloaded or bought, all from the one page. You can check it out here: https://www.tes.com/my-resources/reviews.

Over the past few weeks we have been experimenting with sending reminder emails, to encourage more people to come to this page and rate and review your resources. The results we have seen thus far have been enormously positive, with most people reviewing multiple resources each time they visit the page. We will be continuing to test new versions of the email, and exploring other ways to increase the number of people writing reviews.

We would love to hear your thoughts on this page - so please add them to the thread below, or to this Google form: https://goo.gl/forms/5RIyRUsosPR2Z76t1. If you have any other suggestions for things we could try, please do let us know. Similarly, if any of you have done any things to encourage people to rate and review your resources, please share them below.

We'll keep you updated with more changes we're making on this front!

Thanks,

Charlie

iGCSE101 and biowriterab like this.
  2. MikeRichards

MikeRichards New commenter

Thanks for that. It might explain my 35 ratings late Friday night. Gratefully received!

cate_h and Krazikas like this.
  3. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

Will this appear as a link on the dashboard or in the quick links section down the left hand side of the page? Love the 'all in one place' idea though - good job.

4. charliep86

charliep86 New commenter

@cate_h the button on the top of the premium resource pages changes to direct people to this page once they've bought the resource, and we're looking to change the design/layout of the review block too to point people directly to this page. It is accessible from the dashboard - if you head to your downloads page, there's a call-to-action to rate the resources you've downloaded, though it's somewhat on the subtle side at the moment! We will look to call this out more, and add a permanent and more prominent link in the navigation from the dashboard too.

5. PrimaryStarsEducation

PrimaryStarsEducation New commenter

Maybe reward people for leaving feedback to earn 'TES points' like other similar websites

RobbotResources and LouiseBDaly like this.
  6. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

Brill - thanks for the info :)

7. magicinkstand

magicinkstand New commenter

Thank you. I noticed more reviews than usual last week.

8. mracdpresent

mracdpresent New commenter

Wow. This looks great and is a much needed and much improved aspect of the site. Just need some sales to help stimulate it a little bit more now! Lol.

9. hoppytimes

hoppytimes New commenter

Haven't noticed any change yet, but fingers crossed for an incentive. ;)

10. Dodros

Dodros Star commenter

The problem with the newest reviews I have received is that they are just star ratings without even one word of comment. I've tried leaving a reply asking for further elaboration, but there has been no response so far. Perhaps when a reviewer leaves a starred rating they might be automatically asked to say how they had come up with that score. I'd much rather have a comment about how my resources were used with a particular class or group than receive a 3-star rating that leaves me wondering whether this score represents a compliment or a criticism.

havetocomment and hoppytimes like this.
  11. malingo

malingo New commenter

Same here,I have sold over one thousand resources but barely anyone comments or leaves ratings(actually 24!)
    Any improvement is much appreciated.

hoppytimes likes this.
  12. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

Wondering what other websites you are referring too? Thanks