1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Enchanting videos for gaining attenion?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by regencyrob, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Waiguoren

Waiguoren New commenter

Try Disney's Fantasia - either the 1940 one (Evolution and Rites of Spring are both nice, calming, fascinating videos) or the 2000 one (Pastorale or Pines of Rome).
    The other ones are good too - they may not be calming, but the children will happily sit and watch them, especially if you stipulate they will be turned off if the class is noisy.
    I wouldn't do it myself, though, at least not very often. I'd probably do something to do with rewards and sanctions - maybe "Secret Student."

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I've got a lovely 'Mood' DVD that I use for this purpose - there is a choice of two different fish tanks with classical music playing or a roaring log fire with the sound of crackling. My Dad got it free with an order from Spalding bulbs so I can't help you much on where to get one - unless you put in an order quickly! Or try googling Mood dvd.