1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Emotional well-being in teaching and leadership.

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by DocWol, May 13, 2016.

1. DocWol

DocWol New commenter

I've been teaching and leading for 20-odd years and as I have climbed the career ladder I have been very aware of the impact that teaching has on the emotional well-being of teachers. Following a range of experiences as a headteacher, both personally and when working with colleagues, I developed a deeper interest in the emotional well-being of teachers. I started a blog on the issue which quite a few have read over the last couple of months. I appreciate that this is a shameless plug for my own blog but I hope that the content may give support to both those with problems and also to those working with colleagues with emotional well-being issues. My last few posts have been about resilience and fear within teaching, but other posts cover stress in schools, workplace banter and loneliness in teaching. Please take a look HERE. I would be delighted to hear from you with ideas and thoughts.