1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

emotional, temper tantrum reception child help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by nicola0785, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Hi, I have this little boy in my Class who's behaviour is very inconsistent. He is the youngest in his class and has always been immature for his age. He has been going through phrases with his behaviour. Last term he was very good; beginning to listen on the carpet, sharing and turn taking with others and being kind. But this term he seems to have gone backwards again. He is very fidgity on the carpet, not listening, sharing. When he does not get his own way he will through a temper tantrum; acting very much like a baby.
    I am running out of ideas on how to help him. He does participate in 'Ginger bear- time to talk' which focuses on emotions, feelings and other PSE issues, which he seems to enjoy.
    Has anyone got any tips, ideas or activities that I could do in class with him or send home for his parents to do, as they are very worries too.

Thanks for your help
    Nicola0785

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

You've probably already done this, but I'd try and find out what else is happening in his life to affect him this way.

3. Also, have a think about his communication skills; compliance doesn't always indicate comprehension and this can cause frustration and tantrums.