1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Emergent writers-how to support-any experts out there?!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by treespirit, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Thanks all. The problem is with this basically failing school is that I also don't have a TA and my LA/SEN seem to have gotten into the habit with previous teachers of not working independently. I also have a child with severe behavioural problems who managed to write two letters independently last week- if he is not pretty much 'sat' on he does not do any work constantly saying, 'you must help me, I need help, I can't do it, won't it...shouting, refusal etc. I simply don't know how to manage teaching phase 2 and phase 5 at the same time- it's nuts!
    But I shall definitely assess them more closely with their phonics knowledge generally but can see most are basically at phase 2.
    More ideas gratefully received for independent literacy tasks these emergent writers/SEN children can do so I can get on with supporting the children that also need pushing.
    THANKS!