1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Emergency calls

Discussion in 'Personal' started by florapost, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Sorry, I was a bit grouchy yesterday. If you are happy and your family model is different to mine, that is fine and what is right for me, is not necessarily right for you.
    My apologies for being a tetchy old moo xxx

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Yerp.
    Many families are hell. Complex and obdurate. Broken beyond repair, because individuals within families are broken beyond repair and they don't see this. They don't see how they are the fly in the ointment.Why sweat all that emergency stuff if you don't have to?
    On the other hand if your family bonds are filled with genuine love and expression of this love, then jump in the car.
    But as the OP says it's rarely a one size fits all. Some family members are loved and cherished and others, are simply there: tolerated. And it's not just a measure of standing; we pull out all the stops for those people (whether they are relatives or not) we have QUALITY of relationship with.

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Fletch, I know of a really good framing shop. [​IMG]

4. kibosh, you are truly incorrigible!
    Guess that is why I like you [​IMG]
    flora - of course you can moan. I do too, often. Do what is right for you xxx