1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Embedding work related learning and enterprise within Spanish SOW

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by lynneplaza, Sep 26, 2018.

1. lynneplaza

lynneplaza New commenter

Hi, does anyone have a clue how to incorporate work related learning in the spanish sow? All subjects have been given this to add to their SOW, whereby students need to show they are proficient at the following:
    I know, through experience, about a wide range of work sector settings related to Spanish I can take part in a range of activities with employers and employees enthusiastically within Spanish I understand how business works and can contribute to successful creative and collaborative enterprise projects within Spanish.

Apart from contacting local travel agencies, I dont have much of an idea...

Any suggestions welcome

Lynne

2. veverett

veverett Occasional commenter

I assume all ither su jects are doing this too? So if it is a major school initiative grea t opportu ity to work across departments, bring in expertise and make a difference to the school. Shari g ideas and contacts in a joined up way.

3. veverett

veverett Occasional commenter

But if they just want it 'covered' so they can put it in a statement, then just annotate your existing SoW to show where the links are. So greetings, numbers, buying lunch, knowing your way around, answering the phone, talking about future plans, translating, anything tourism related... just put a footnote to say it's business related.

cathr likes this.
  4. cathr

cathr New commenter

Curious to know what you did? Topics suggested by Veverett seem relevant but what is the precise thinking behind the request?