1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Embarrassed

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Samjam1, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

Please excuse typos!

2. Don't be flippin daft. You weren't well. Parents are human and will understand. In fact because you cried it helps you appear more human to them. The fact that you tried to be there for their kids, even though you weren't well is something that would command their repect and good will.
    If anyone says anything just laugh it off. You weren't well. Now you are well. Game on. :)

3. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

Game on, indeed, dragon, thanks! Feeling very embarrassed and like a girly wuss, but will try the head held high approach! On the plus side, the three days off have (nearly) broken my long term smoking habit!
    "Are you OK?" is a killer question when you're not, isn't it?!

4. <font size="2">It really is. I also think that you can worry about these things unnecessarily. I remember years ago becoming tearful in front of a pupil while we were having a conversation outside the classroom. Despite my best efforts the class were horrendous. She was a bit of a gobby girl so I thought she would mouth off to the world about it. She didn't. She said nothing.</font>
    <font size="2">Congratulations on giving up the smokes. :)</font>

5. I thought you meant you were embarrassed because she called you SAMJAM - indicating that she knew your TES persona - now that could be embarrassing! Tears in front of students - nothing to worry about as long as you don't make a habit of it.