1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EMATHS 4 TEACHERS

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Tandy, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Tandy

Tandy New commenter

Hi All
    Hope everyone had a great Christmas and you are enjoying the break.
    I thought you might like a sneak preview of Emaths 4 Teachers.
    This is a new area of the Emaths site. The idea is that it allows everyone to contribute resources etc so that the site can continue to grow. As ever, everything remains completely free (and always will). Some people on here have suggested many times that Emaths should contain a "Donate" button, so I have added that on the front page. Other than that I will continue to pay for the site from my own pocket.

I will link the site from the main Emaths front page shortly so that everyone is directed there instead of the old teachers area.

Hope that you like the new approach, where you can log in and add your own materials. As always, I appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

Cheers
    M

2. Tandy

Tandy New commenter

Thank you, Jane. Very much appreciated and heartening to know that you have found the site useful.

How are others finding the new layout and way of interfacing with the site? It would be really useful to know how the site comes across from a user's point of view.

3. Hiya Tandy, good to see you around these parts again. I've just had a quick browse and think it'll be somewhere I'll go when I have a particular need or am particularly lacking in inspiration. The quantity of resources is a real strength, perhaps somewhere I can direct ITT students. Am trying to think how we could have some kind of peer review for quality.

The only negative I had was the main text was a bit small for me, but that could be my web skills!

4. Tandy

Tandy New commenter

Thanks, Brookes. I thought about adding some kind of rating/comments system so that resources could be reviewed, but ran out of time. I will try to get round to it at some point.

The default text size is quite small, but I have added a font size controller at the top right handside of the page, so with a quick click you can increase the text size. Hope that helps.

5. Tandy

Tandy New commenter

Hi Trinity, I have now added links back to the tests in the student area.

This has led me to put these and all of the very old exam papers under the single heading of past papers.

I have also changed the URL to the site slightly, so please use this link:

http://www.emaths.co.uk/teachers/