1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

emails about royalty bonus

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by CurriculumForAutism, Aug 3, 2016.

1. CurriculumForAutism

CurriculumForAutism Occasional commenter

I've had 2 emails in the last few days from the TES Author Team asking if I'm interested in earning a royalty bonus for uploading more resources in August. I haven't replied because I'd rather they were up front about what the bonus is, rather than asking me to email them with info about the resources before they will tell me about the bonus.
    Has anyone replied to them? Do you know what the royalty bonus is?

2. Skillsheets

Skillsheets Occasional commenter

I still haven't had a satisfactory explanation to why my sales figure didn't add up to the amounts in my sales emails. It's all getting too complicated and difficult to keep up with.

3. CurriculumForAutism

Sorry to hear that! Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Skillsheets likes this.
  4. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

I haven't received those emails :(

5. CurriculumForAutism

I just received a 3rd email about this:

Last chance for you to earn an extra reward for all your hard work!

If you're interested in earning a little extra royalty and have some additional resources to add to your shop during the month of August, please email us with some information on the subject, type and volume of resources you hope to add and we'd be delighted to provide you with some information on how to take advantage of this opportunity.

We look forward your response.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Meri & Ade

From the TES Author Team

I don't understand why the info about a new royalty bonus is not being shared openly & up front with all teacher authors

6. wanet

wanet Star commenter

sounds like you are handing the royalties over to TES?
    But if the work was created as part of your work for a school, you will probably find that the copyright belongs to the school.

7. redlamp2

redlamp2 Occasional commenter

As has been well documented in several discussions on here, TES uses the 'do as you please' licence for all things copyright.

8. mrajlong

Well aware of copyright laws. Pretty sure, as I sit here in my summer holidays 'authoring' resources, that copyright belongs to me, just as much as if I were painting a picture, sculpting, composing a symphony or writing a novel. Getting a bit fed up with the copyright police on here. Find something else to whine about.

CurriculumForAutism likes this.
  9. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Only if you don't intend to use them as part of your employment. But really depends upon your contract.

10. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Hi,

I haven't had any of these.Should I feel left out or relieved?:)

11. redlamp2

redlamp2 Occasional commenter

Have you credited the images you used or drawn them yourself?

There are no copyright police. It's only a matter of time before people may wish there were.

12. mrajlong

Nope. Great website that has a whole load of totally free to use images - unlimited commercial use. It can sometimes be difficult sourcing images and sometimes have to create them myself though!

13. wilkieway

wilkieway New commenter

I have been offered £2 per resource but it is at their discretion. I suggested a
    review comment would be good but haven't had a reply.

14. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Hi authors

We have some incentive programmes running at the moment to encourage authors to add any additional resources they might have available this month, and if they manage to add them to their shop, this will equate to a little extra bonus added to their sales balance** :)

We want to reward all TES authors for the effort and time put into their quality resources. As there are so many authors around the world, we cannot roll these programmes out to everyone at the same time, so we are starting with our Gold authors as part of their VIP benefits. We will be rolling out various programmes to give authors extra opportunities, incentives and prizes in coming days, weeks and months, so look out for these in your emails and across the TES site!

If you'd like to hear more, contact authors@tes.com

As always, for copyright concerns, please report any issues to help@tes.com

**subject to TES discretion; all resources must meet Ts&Cs

15. CurriculumForAutism

Good to hear a wee bit more about the new incentives! I hope specific details will be sent to teacher authors soon.

16. CurriculumForAutism

Good idea! Also, greater promotion of premium products would help. When I've looked at the Resources Homepage it's mostly free resources which are featured

17. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Hi @wilkieway when you mention review comment, do you mean a TES Recommended tick? Give us some more info on your idea and we'll make sure it gets passed to the team! We're aware that reviews are a problem right now, and we're developing ways to make it much more straightforward for downloaders to leave reviews - more to come on this soon!

@CurriculumForAutism Thanks so much for your feedback! If you're interested in taking part please don't hesitate to email us at authors@tes.com - this will help us with tracking!

18. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

It's great to have incentives to produce more resources. However, it is very disheartening that they rarely get 'viewed'.

Can I make the following suggestions to try to address this: -
    • Have a link to new / latest resources on the TES home page to increase the opportunity for views / reviews.
    • Update the home page so that it includes current / topical resources and 'paid for'resources. Many on there at the moment are out of date and contain obvious errors (not good for people visiting the site) as it raises questions about the quality of some of the resources.
    • Include a 'paid' / 'unpaid' filter in the search facility of the drop down menu.
    • Increase the number of reviews given by the TES team to authors. This has a positive impact on sales.

19. CurriculumForAutism

Thanks for your reply to my post.

I've sent you an email with some suggestions :)

20. CurriculumForAutism

These are all great suggestions!