1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Email from IOE?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by shoegal44, Jan 19, 2011.

1. shoegal44

shoegal44 New commenter

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anybody else has received an email from the IOE yet? I received one today to say that they appreciate our patience, that my interview was judged by the panel as strong and I am being seriously considered for a place subject to funding. I am still not holding my breath, but it's nice to know I didn't totally screw up the interview!

This was obviously a group email, so I was just wondering if anyone else had received the same?

2. shoegal44

shoegal44 New commenter

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anybody else has received an email from the IOE yet? I received one today to say that they appreciate our patience, that my interview was judged by the panel as strong and I am being seriously considered for a place subject to funding. I am still not holding my breath, but it's nice to know I didn't totally screw up the interview!

This was obviously a group email, so I was just wondering if anyone else had received the same?

3. i did : ) feel the same - super happy but then at the same time anxious that it doesn't mean anything if there aren't any places. but still - we did good! well done!

4. That sounds like a positive email! What course did you both apply for?
    I've had my interview for social sciences and got a group email too about this time last week, but nothing such as 'seriously considered for a place' was mentioned! Argh! So take that as a positive :)

5. I applied for primary (2nd time, on the waiting list last year) and I got that email too. Liked the promise to let is know asap. This waiting is driving me mad. I keep trying to think about other things bit end up searching the web for news most days:-(

6. Me too! Glad it's not just me ha it's going to be weird when we actually know... won't know what to do with myself when I don't have to check on here/news/email/gttr obsessively lol.

7. shoegal44

shoegal44 New commenter

I applied for secondary English, interviewed on November 24th, it's been a looong wait!!

8. Ooooh.. I got an email saying to please be patient etc etc...but it said nothing along the lines of "interview was judged to be strong and seriously being considered for a place.".... I would like to think that if you were rubbish they'd just out right tell you you weren't successful. Therefore I'm still trying to think positive..and hope that if they're still holding on to me till they hear about funding, I might still have a chance.

9. Secondary English for me too, I think we were at the same interview, shoegal44?

10. Me too! Got the same email yesterday :) I was in the first batch of primary pgce interviewees on the 16th December. I don't want to jump for joy yet but I am now cautiously optimistic! :) Fingers crossed for us all!

11. I got that email too, and was also interviewed on the 24th November for secondary English. I was so pleased to at least hear something, and hopefully this means that we interviewed well, which would suggest that we will get a place somewhere, if not the Institute! Really have my heart set on going there though...now checking my emails as obsessively as ever! I would be absolutely devastated if I didn't get in after this email.

Hopefully the wait won't be too long, good luck to all of us!