1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Email from CEO at Talk Talk (or at least his/her office)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tafawke, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Not a complaint about Talk Talk, as they resolved the issue and are giving me a payment as goodwill, but have a read of the letter, I couldn't get over the number of errors in it. You would think that such a short letter coming from the CEO's office would be reasonably accurate....

Thank you for your email.

Please accept my apologise for this matter and for any inconvenience caused.

I
    understand that there have been issue with installing a new line which
    cause a delay in getting other services activated such as Sky.

I
    will be happy to cover your mobile call charges and also like to offer a
    good will gesture of £50.00 to apologise for this matter.
    Please
    could you email me back to confirm the amount of mobile call charges
    you incurred as well as if you accepts my offer of £50.00

Kind regards

2. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

[​IMG] Not just the mistakes you have highlighted - but the punctuation and grammar are pretty poor too!
    What is this supposed to mean? [​IMG]

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I guess this what happens when spelling doesn't matter anymore.

4. piglet171

piglet171 New commenter

Indian sub-continent?

5. I was going to suggest that whoever wrote it is possibly not a native English speaker. The mistakes you highlighted remind me of how my friends at my secondary boarding school used to write. They were from Hong Kong and their spoken English was brilliant but they would make small syntax errors in their written work.

6. lunarita

lunarita Lead commenter

And to think I dismiss emails offering me lucrative investment iopportunities because they contain such errors. They could be genuine afrer all.

7. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

I had a letter (handwritten) from Next many years ago after I complained about something. It looked more like a note for the secretary to type up there were so many mistakes in it. I copied it for my Year 5s to correct and they did a good job too. I sent a copy back to Head Office but can't remember the result of that.