1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EM Direct interview

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Hercule, May 22, 2011.

1. Hi, I applied for the second round of primary GTP applications through EM Direct in April. I still haven't heard back about an interview. Did anyone else apply for this second round and have they heard back? I'm starting to get edgy!

2. Hi, I applied through the second round for FS/KS1 and was invited for interview last Friday (20th May). I didn't attend as I have since accepted a GTP place with a different provider. Perhaps you should give them a ring in case your letter has gone astray. Good luck!

3. Hi, thanks for that. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they said they were still sorting through the applications. I'm reluctant to contact them again as I don't want to annoy them. It does seem odd that it's taking so long to get back though. Can I ask how much notice they gave you before the interview? Was it around a week or so?

4. Hi, I've just checked my letter and it was dated the 3rd May. I expect they got lots of applications so am not surprised that it takes them a while to get through them all. I will keep my fingers crossed for you - I know how stressful the waiting is!

5. Aw, thanks for the crossed fingers, and thanks for checking for letter. It seems they'll give me at least a bit of notice.

6. Hi Sarah, they used exactly those words to me - 'very soon'. It's frustrating because I haven't got a supporting school yet, and the ones I've had a response from aren't masively tempted to talk to someone who still doesn't even know if they've been invited to interview, let alone been offered a place. Fingers crossed! Let me know if/when you hear back.

7. Well done you! That's brilliant! I haven't heard yet no... Eek. I did apply on April 21st (deadline day) and even though they sent me an acknowledgement and reference number, I wonder if that's placed me at the back of the pile... I remain hopeful by telling myself that no news is good news!
    Did the letter give you an outline of the day and what they will expect of you? As far as I'm aware it's an interview, a literacy test, a maths test, a group discussion and a starter. Quite a lot really!

8. sez142

sez142 New commenter

I sent mine a week earlier than that because I was going on holiday lol!

The letter says you need to prepare a 10 min starter, there will be written tests an interview and a group task! You also have to fill out some subject knowledge audit before you go. It is a lot but I think it will show them what you're like.

Hopefully you'll find out soon, I was thinking it was going to be no because it had been so long but it wasn't so keep hoping!
    Sarah

9. sez142

sez142 New commenter

Have you heard anything yet?? Keep checking on here to see if you have then at least we'd already know someone there!

10. Hi I too have applied for the second round and only received my letter inviting me for interview yesterday!
    I am now in major panic over my ten minute intro Arggghhhhhh

11. sez142

sez142 New commenter

When's your interview? Mine is Wednesday 8th june.

12. I'm also a little worried because I have a holiday (my only one for this year) booked between the 11th and 18th of June. I didn't think it would be a problem as I expected to have heard by now...if I do get an interview it may well be in that week!

13. Hi Mitchon, so they're still sending out letters. Interesting! The ten minute intro is a bit scary isn't it? And doing it to a group of adults rather than children will make it ten times harder and so unnatural! It would bring out the worst in me I know it.

14. Had my interview at EMDirect yesterday for Primary GTP, a few points;
    There were 5 candidates from as far a field as the North East.
    The day is very long and tiring with quite a bit of sitting around waiting but they try to keep that as short as possible. You start with the team work, nothing difficult, then dependent upon the order they want you either a candidate goes for interview or they start one of the tests, either the Maths test ( I think its upto KS3 level - so similar to QTS tests) or the written test (read an article and answer questions and comment on it). Then back to waiting area and called for interview. My interview was next to last so from arriving at 8.45, I left at 3.45pm and the last person was then going into interview so he probably came out at 5pm.
    So take some lunch to nibble, you don't get a specific time for lunch but you might get several shorts breaks.
    But all the people are extremely friendly, they realise that some people are very nervous but try and relax you. At the interview there are no trick questions (unlike my PGCE interview) they just want to know what you are like as a person and your strengths and weaknesses.
    So for me I will wait for the outcome but really enjoyed the opportunity and the day.
    Good Luck

15. Yey!

Just call them and ask if they can change it. I changed mine x
    I know they still have quite a few interviews left so I'm sure they could swap u.

16. Hi Jemma, that's good to know! Hopefully they can interview me some time the following week. I must say I'm a little confused by the audit forms - I'm not actually sure what some of the terms mean... I'd better get googling!

17. Tell me about it! My mum has been teaching for 30 years and didn't know some of it.
    Hopefully it will all become clear.
    They didn't focus on it too much in the interview. They just asked me about some of my weak spots and how I intend to fill the gaps.

18. sez142

sez142 New commenter

Did your letter that you got telling you about your interview tell you what time to arrive? All mine says is that my interview is at 12.30 it says nothing about what time to arrive, just later on it says it may last all day so bring some lunch?? How strange. Think I will ring tomorrow.

19. That does sound a little odd. Mine says the same about the packed lunch but says that it starts at 9am.

20. Hi Sarah

We were there all day . 9.30 arrival and 3.30 interview x
    Call them to clarify.