1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ELSA Assessments

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by holford, Aug 3, 2011.

1. I have recently trained as an ELSA in my primary school where I have been working for nearly 10 years. I am also a HLTA and do enjoy my job. Can anyone please tell me what initial assessments you carry out on children who have been put forward for ELSA. For the under 8 years I use Boxall but have nothing in place at present for the over 8s except for the basic assessment in the ELSA pack. Look forward to your ideas. Thanks.

2. I have recently trained as an ELSA in my primary school where I have been working for nearly 10 years. I am also a HLTA and do enjoy my job. Can anyone please tell me what initial assessments you carry out on children who have been put forward for ELSA. For the under 8 years I use Boxall but have nothing in place at present for the over 8s except for the basic assessment in the ELSA pack. Look forward to your ideas. Thanks.

3. Our Lea has it's own assessment which is very thorough. All the ELSAs trained at the same time as me were given the assessments. It covers one for the child, one for the parent and one for the teacher and measures social, emotional and behaviour area. I would speak to the ed psychologist who covers your school.

I have done these assessments both pre and post intervention and it shows very clear progress.