1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Elongate time spent on carpet

Discussion in 'Primary' started by karizma1485, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Hi there,
    I'm a student teacher in a year 2 class. This is my 3 week and I'm being constantly told that I am not spending enough time on the carpet. When I look back at my lesson plans there is nothing I am missing out and the teacher does seem to have any problems with my questions - in terms of missing major things out. However my teacher has told me that I tend to constantly repeat a question and that she thinks that I do this because I thinking about what I am going to say next. She also says that this slows the pace of my lesson yet my lesson always finish too early.
    So my question is how can I lengthen the time spend on the carpet but still keep the pace up. I must admit that I really do not enjoy teaching KS1 so when I am on the carpet my teaching style is that I am not that chatty - I find it difficult to be chatty and improvisational with KS1. I really don't feel like I have been given any guidance on how I can keep the pace up but lengthen my time on the carpet. Any suggestions please!