1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ELG 2020

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Cadbury007, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Cadbury007

Cadbury007 New commenter

Hi,

I will be new to Reception in Sept. I have been told the ELG are changing for Sept e.g Shape being removed. I am finding it tricky finding the updated assessment grids. I have trawled the internet but they seem to take me to government documents, discussion of the changes etc.... I have looked on ****** but they seem to be old grids?

Can anyone help? It surely can't be this hard or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

2. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Star commenter

Hi there. The new ELGs are planned for 2021 with 2020 being a pilot year. Were still awaiting the final content due to Covid. This is why you cant find anything. You could ask if your school signed up for the pilot. I cant imagine many schools wanting to take it on this year with baseline as well along with other events this year. Im sure teachers in reception have other things on their mind!

3. Cadbury007

Cadbury007 New commenter

So if you aren't doing a pilot you would still be using the grids on ****** etc and still including shape etc? Thanks for your help.

4. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Star commenter

Yes thats right. Carry on with current framework.

5. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

Even when they come in you will teach shape so regardless of the grids keep teaching what you know is a broad curriculum.
    It’s all still there but hidden with different words and new bits added!