1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Electronics resources help.

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by Jonnyboy22, Apr 17, 2012.

1. I was wondering if anyone had a scheme of work, powerpoint or booklet for a Steady hand game that that they would be willing to share. I was hoping to do this project with my year 8's. I would be extremely grateful for any help. Many thanks. jonnyriley@hotmail.co.uk

2. I was wondering if anyone had a scheme of work, powerpoint or booklet for a Steady hand game that that they would be willing to share. I was hoping to do this project with my year 8's. I would be extremely grateful for any help. Many thanks. jonnyriley@hotmail.co.uk

3. Just emailed you SOW and project booklet.

JJ

4. I have a powerpoint you can have - there's no SOW or anything with it yet though! Will email it over. I normally use it with year 7, but other members of staff have used it with 8s and 9s.

5. Thank you very much!
    I really appreciate it.

6. Hi
    I have currently become an 'Enterprise Technology' Curriculum leader, but im from a business studies background. I am currently in the process of creating SOW for years 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9, as there are none in place at the present. We undertake the steady hand game in year 7 for electronics. I have the job of teaching this next year, so as a rookie who is learning would i be able to see your SOW and resources, as that would be a massive help. To be fair, any help will do!
    my email is andyeyre2000@hotmail.com
    Regards
    Andy

7. I hope you have undertaken the necessary H&S training for you to start delivering practical subjects. Check out the Design and Technology Association (DATA) website for details of what is required.

What on earth has been taught before and who was responsible if there are no SOW or methods of Assessment in place?

8. Hi ;
    In response to;
    'What on earth has been taught before and who was responsible if there are no SOW or methods of Assessment in place?'
    There are projects in place, however nothing was ever written up in regards to a SOW, so if for example anybody came up and asked what was happening each week for the project in electronics, then no SOW could be presented. The teacher just 'knew' what they were teaching!
    In response to;
    'I hope you have undertaken the necessary H&S training for you to start delivering practical subjects. Check out the Design and Technology Association (DATA) website for details of what is required.'
    This is an area i have brought up when timetabled for teaching D&T and i am currently in the process of undertaking training before i teach a 'practical' lesson. Theory lessons will happen until then.
    Thanks for your reply

9. I wasn't getting at you, but if I were you I'd be very careful, whoever was in charge previously were obviously not doing their job nor being checked on by the line manager. You have obviously been put in place to right those wrongs, congratulations on that, but if those people are on the scene watch your back.

For Electronics stuff, try the Kitronics website, they offer a brilliantly fast service and for schools you get teaching notes - check out their gallery for ideas of what to do with their stuff.

As for the steady hand game, there are several versions on resources here and if you google you will find others, just pick the one which suits your school's equipment.

I try to plan my KS3 so that students do interesting projects they enjoy making / are successful in producing but at the same time map out what skills, knowledge and experiences I would expect them to have when embarking on the varoius KS4 courses.

10. Hi
    I know you wasnt getting at me and i appreciate your comments, such as H and S as it is a very important factor.
    You are 'possibly' very much correct with the above statement, and i will definately be watching my back :)
    Thanks for the wesite, very , very useful and for your advice
    Kind Regards