1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Electric Blanket? (Must be getting old!)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ROSIEGIRL, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Never had one but tempted. Any opinions?

2. jazz2

jazz2 New commenter

Don't have one but get the benefit of one when I visit my mother - very cosy and comforting on a cold night.

3. Once slept in a water bed which was heated x God it was lovely - so warm and sort of enveloped you. Beautiful I can recommend it.

4. kareneliot

kareneliot Occasional commenter

Less embarassing than a onesie.

5. Wouldn't be without mine, I love it.
    My grandson even says 'nanna have you put the heater on'.
    Wonderful things they are.

6. Love it! Have one on my bed at my parents' house and love knowing I'll be getting into a cosy bed. sadly it is not allowed in my own house as husband would boil to death in the bed if an electric blanket was on. I'd quite like one of those fancy dual control ones.

7. ROSIEGIRL

Very positive! Thanks!
    Discussed it with OH last night - as he was complaining about the cold in bed - but he's dead against it. Not sure why? Is it a bit cissy for men?

8. I couldn't be without my blanket! I like a cold room and a warm bed.
    You can get dual control blankets so your half can be warm rosie and his can be stone cold. Bet he migrates though!

9. A heated throw is the way to go. I bought one 2 years ago from Lakeland. It is fleecy and comforting. You can cuddle up under it on the sofa and take it to bed, so its much more adaptable than a traditional electric blanket. When I have arthritic pain it is just wonderful. It has to be in the top 5 of my all time best purchases.

10. ROSIEGIRL

Ooh OTTER ... that sounds like a good compromise and I have some John Lewis vouchers to spend and they do one too!
    And yes he would migrate to my side of the bed and steal my heat!

11. I would never leave my sofa if I had a heated throw!

12. ROSIEGIRL

Another drawback to the sofa/fleece is that I would have to fight my daughters for it. And there's three of them.

13. I have a dual one and one that you can keep on all night :) I love it and can't be without it in the winter. OH prefers his side cooler so he turns down the dial whilst mine is roasting!

14. we have an electric blanket and love it. we only use for a couple months a year, and hubby loves it more than me. we turn t on 10 mins before going to bed, he usually gets in first, and when I get in we turn it off - I can't cope with too much heat, but in the cold spells it;s lovely!

15. ROSIEGIRL

That's it - it's just that getting into bed bit. I wouldn't want one on all night.