1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Election 2019. The good news

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Dec 13, 2019.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Anna Soubrey loses her seat so we won't have to suffer her smug face on TV anymore (Unless she retruns to the previous profession).

Every cloud etc!

install and lexus300 like this.
  2. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

We don’t agree on much politically but on this occasion I am in complete agreement with you.

Plus the many others to numerous to mention.

3. Kandahar

Kandahar Lead commenter

Yes - hopefully Labour will have a complete clear out - including Mrs Cooper (do you remember Mr Balls!). Clear the whole lot out - along with Momentum and the racist thugs they seem to have recently attracted.

4. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

Yvette Cooper will be many Labour Members favourite for becoming leader.

5. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

The election was only advisory. We need a People's Vote

6. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

40 new hospitals! 50,000 more nurses!! More investment for education and social care!!! Social housing!!!! Free hard hats in case we get hit by a flying pig!!!!!

7. Kandahar

Kandahar Lead commenter

More likely than free broadband and reimbursing pensions to all ladies of a certain age.

border_walker, lardylady and install like this.
  8. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

I agree!

border_walker likes this.
  9. LondonCanary

That won't do you much good. Thry use helicopters.

Shedman likes this.
  10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Farage became a total irrelevance and will hopefully **** off to America for good to play silly games with Trump.

I mean heaven forbid that the man should actually reside in the country who's independence he has so manfully struggled for and failed to get elected in.

11. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Apparently, Rebecca Long Bailey is being touted as a potential leader. She of the independent eyebrows. She’s not a moderate and it depends which direction the party chooses to go in. Certainly she was put up in many interviews this time.

12. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Or as the media labelled her - Rebecca Wrong Daily!

border_walker likes this.
  13. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

14. LondonCanary

Scaremongering. I can't imagine the UK adopting some sort of National Insurance system.

15. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

I couldn't imagine them voting for a racist sexist homophobic pathologically lying fridge-dweller, but life is full of surprises.

Still, at least I got to hear Richard Osman call Johnson a c*** on live TV tonight.

MAGAorMIGA, vannie and Mainwaring like this.
  16. afterdark

afterdark Lead commenter

The thing is...we already do and have done for decades...it's called national insurance for a reason.

17. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Wait and see, that's all. After all, everyone is being urged to take out a private pension, and firms over a certain size have to provide the people's pension - despite us all paying NI which is supposed to be our pension payment contribution anyway. We will end up with only the very basic medical care being free, and having to rely on our ability to pay for health insurance to get anything more. Operations are already being rationed or not offered in some areas now.

18. LondonCanary

Many people have a public sector pension despite us all paying NI which is supposed to be our pension payment contribution anyway.

install likes this.
  19. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

LOL

install likes this.
  20. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

Can we seriously continue funding the NHS the same way? It was set up 70+ years ago and the funding system was right for the time. Times have changed, notably the demographics of the UK; we have an older population needing the NHS more, but contributing less. Yes, more money is needed, but the way the NHS is funded needs to be looked at.

LondonCanary likes this.