1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

El Paso - 20 killed

Discussion in 'Personal' started by MAGAorMIGA, Aug 4, 2019.

1. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

The perpetrators of the latest atrocity appear to be white nationalists enraged by the presence of Hispanics in America and "race-mixing", which motivated them to take automatic weapons to a shopping mall and murder a score of people.

When will America wake up to the lunacy of its gun legislation, and responsibility of the President, Trump, for causing division and hatred in the country via his hateful tweets and speeches? Trump can condemn this shooting all he likes, but his guilt for fanning the flames of hatred which led to this atrocity is clear.

TCSC47 likes this.
  2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

He won't see it that way.

3. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Which is why Americans need to wake up... their emperor has been wearing no clothes for some time now, and the longer it goes on, the more normalised his behaviour becomes.

TCSC47 and Laphroig like this.
  4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Creepy as all hell that someone saw this and thought ''How can I bash Trump?"

Well done Maga... anything else you want to cheapen?

WB and artboyusa like this.
  5. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

it seems to me any US Presidents, politicians or ordinary citizens who oppose gun control and/or encourage hatred of racial groups in their speeches and writings have to shoulder part of the responsibility for this terrible event.

So we can all judge where that leaves Trump. Or Obama.

MAGAorMIGA likes this.
  6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Also shooting in Dayton Ohio. Multiple casualties reported so far. Early reports say 7 dead but not confirmed officially.

7. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Four dead in Chicago three days ago - the beat goes on.

8. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Change the name of the place, roll another dice for the number

Just another day

Said to be from the shooters Facebook:
    [​IMG]

These domestic terrorists pretty much all seem to be white, while the narrative is the dangers posed by immigrants. It appears that this white supremacist drove 650 miles to El Paso to target hispanics.

[​IMG]

chelsea2, MAGAorMIGA, WB and 4 others like this.
  9. peakster

peakster Star commenter

No criticism of Mr Trump should ever be allowed on these boards. He is a wonderful, wholesome, scrupulously honest family man who would never dream of taking cheap shots of people who mildly annoy him on social media or employ lawyers to do his dirty work for him or even (heaven forbid) whip up crowds of highly unstable and / or very impressionable people to chant racist slogans at rallies.

No sireee......

10. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

I wonder how many Americans have been killed by Islamic Terrorists in recent days and how many have been killed by their fellow countrymen/women in mass shootings,

America could well be under attack, but the question is who from?

chelsea2, T34, Laphroig and 1 other person like this.
  11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Here's Trump's response...

Later Saturday night, Trump tweeted condolences. “Today’s shooting in El Paso, Texas was not only tragic, it was an act of cowardice. I know that I stand with everyone in this Country to condemn today’s hateful act. There are no reasons or excuses that will ever justify killing innocent people. Melania and I send our heartfelt thoughts and prayers to the great people of Texas.”

12. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Note the last sentence.....sound familiar ?

les25paul and magic surf bus like this.
  13. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Should it?

14. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

les25paul likes this.
  15. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Meanwhile, in Calias a Dublin man is arrested with 60 guns in his car.I wonder where they were heading and what innocent people they intend to shoot with them?

T34 likes this.
  16. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

It was poorly thought out (no surprise there from Trump) since it states "Melania and I send our heartfelt thoughts and prayers to the great people of Texas.”. Three Mexicans were also killed but it seems Trump doesn't include them in his prayers".

Either Trump is stupid not to realise what he has commented or he really is a racist. Take your pick.

17. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Yes... it's really such a simplistic binary option...

Or maybe...

Maybe the Mexican nature of three victims wasn't know when Trump tweeted?
    Maybe it's a tradition that when a disaster happens we express sorrow for the country/region affected? [New Zealand, Sri Lanka etc]

But yeah... another poster using this to beat Trump. So brave /s

19. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

20 people dead and your concern is protecting trump and his ‘racially charged’ language?

20. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

Trump is the leader of the USA, he is supposed to have his finger on the pulse and should know what is going on before making a public statement.

I guess that means he is just stupid then and not being a racist. At least that is the lesser of the two faults.