1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Eisteddfod Ysgol / School eisteddfod

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by athrawes gymraeg, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Well it's almost that time of year again!

How will you be celebrating in your school?

2. Well it's almost that time of year again!

How will you be celebrating in your school?

3. We sometimes do a traditional Eisteddfod competition, competitions in lots of different categories.
    Sometimes we split the school into their houses and they move around to the different teachers doing different Welsh/Wales themed activities.
    This year, every class is picking a theme to do with Wales (Myths, sports personalities, famous actors etc, arts, castles etc) and are doing some work on their theme for a sharing assembly.

4. 2004ajd

2004ajd New commenter

We spend the whole week leading up to the big day linking curriculum subjects to a Welsh theme. We also cover everything greta444 has mentioned above plus Welsh recipes . The children junior children complete home school projects. It's a major event in our school; the best week of the year!

Sorry can't help with certificates; if you find some will you let us know? :)

5. I used to look forward to the annual school eisteddfod... With cold, dark, soul-chilling dread.
    (BTW - I haven't missed a S Wales venue for Yr Eisteddfod Cenedlaethol in several years*, so it's not the idea in general)

*Even after sustaining some damage to my (diabetic) bedapped feet during the Swansea fiasco!

6. Certificates - have you tried Microsoft Office?
    Pob lwc!