1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

eis, short memory

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by misterroy, Apr 11, 2011.

1. misterroy

misterroy New commenter

I started teaching 21 years ago, the pay was terrible. It looks like its going to go that way again. The EIS want jobs and employment opportunities, vote for the revised package. Yeah right. I started with a dept of £100 because I bought a wetsuit before I came here. The poor devils who start now are up to their eyeballs in debt, if the pay and conditions don't stay at the same level as McCrone put us, a job teaching it is not worth it. The EIS wants desperate people, desperate people join unions. There is no point doing a job if you are not paid a decent rate. I feel sorry for the one' struggling for a job, but, believe me, you don't want a job like the one I had when I started.

2. misterroy

misterroy New commenter

I started teaching 21 years ago, the pay was terrible. It looks like its going to go that way again. The EIS want jobs and employment opportunities, vote for the revised package. Yeah right. I started with a dept of £100 because I bought a wetsuit before I came here. The poor devils who start now are up to their eyeballs in debt, if the pay and conditions don't stay at the same level as McCrone put us, a job teaching it is not worth it. The EIS wants desperate people, desperate people join unions. There is no point doing a job if you are not paid a decent rate. I feel sorry for the one' struggling for a job, but, believe me, you don't want a job like the one I had when I started.

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Looks as if the whole country's going backwards. The notion of social progress has officially been canceled! With most workers looking at an ever increasing pension age (70? 75?) and not real job protection to keep them in employement to that age,I predict the reopening of workhouses pretty soon.

4. vforvendetta

vforvendetta New commenter

What do you expect after years of Labour Spend! Spend! Spend!
    What have we got to show for all that spending? Are the schools or roads any better? Not much is.

5. sbf

sbf

I thought you were a bit smarter than that comment suggests.