1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EIS request for information to use in negotiations

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by heldon, Feb 12, 2016.

1. heldon

heldon Occasional commenter

See the link below from the EIS looking for information to use in their negotiations with SG.
    I personally want rid of these units- there is no need for them

http://www.eis.org.uk/public.asp?id=3243

bigjimmy2 likes this.
  2. heldon

heldon Occasional commenter

Please pass this on to his members in your school.

3. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I am depressed that they have given "close reading" as an example of duplication at Nat 5 and Higher. There is a duplication of a reading test but one is close reading and the other textual analysis - a "duplication" that existed in the old Higher and Ints. It's not a strong position to argue from.

4. halfajack

halfajack Occasional commenter

I think that depends on what assessment package you use whether it seems more like close reading or TA. I agree with their example and have replicated it on my response. For the RUAES unit assessment, I've known schools to get away with using the Paper 1 'prelim' with questions on audience and purpose tagged on the end. The criteria listed for the outcomes could apply to close reading of non-fiction or textual analysis or poetry/fiction/drama equally.

5. brothermunro

brothermunro Occasional commenter

Thanks for posting that holdingon, I would crack open a bottle of the good stuff if they dumped UASPs in my subject (and it is ALL 'duplicated' in the exam)

bigjimmy2 likes this.
  6. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Lead commenter

Yes, it is all duplicated in the exam.