1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EIS ballot - voting on-line....

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Anonymous, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

So simple and so immediate.
    It is particularly relevant to me at the moment that COSLA/SG intention is to penalise illness from day one - I don't know how long I'll be off but to lose £200 a month is just too stressful and frightening to think about!

2. singer9559

singer9559 New commenter

I've just voted to reject and it was so easy. It's terrible that we are now being punished for being ill. Sorryyou are ill and feeling stressed about losing money. I've never felt as angry as I do now over these COSLA proposals. We need to reject. If we don't reject this God knows what's coming next. Stand together!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The thing is that I won't be losing 10% of my salary for daring to be ill - if I stood to lose that I would be under further, unnecessary stress which could prolong my absence.

4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Just done it too. I like the online vote,very easy.

5. I was just about to come and start a thread about this and how easy it was! I really hope there is a massive return.

6. I am with you on this one ! Getting ready to return to work after a considerable period of illness -entirely work related . Not only myself has suffered- this has been horrible for my family. My HR Dept has been very supportive but under these proposals - I know what the outcome would be.

7. I voted on line as well. Easy.

8. Yup voted online this evening too, mr readyfortheweekend did likewise. If only we could see the results after we'd done it. Pretty sure I know how its gonna go though.
    COSLA have another thing coming if they think placing adverts in the TES and issuing press releases will make teachers do anything other than reject these 'plans'. Is it just me who thinks that the advertising standards authority should be alerted to the complete falsehoods mentioned in COSLA's advert today?

9. it's not just you ! I'm just trying to think of a suitable response to the letter COSLA is sending out to all teachers. So far I am thinking -return to sender, so that the b*ggers are swamped in their own effluvium.

10. lescargot

lescargot Occasional commenter

Voted online yesterday too. Simples!